The Gaja winery was founded by Giovanni Gaja in 1859 and has been owned and operated by four generations of the Gaja family. It is in the town of Barbaresco which lies just northeast of Alba. Giovanni Gaja was the great-grandfather of Angelo Gaja, the winery’s current owner.
In 1994, Gaja acquired its first wine estate in Tuscany, Pieve Santa Restituta in Montalcino. The property’s 40 acres of vineyards produce two Brunellos called Sugarille and Rennina.
In 1996, Gaja acquired a second property in Tuscany, Ca Marcanda, located in Castagneto Carducci in Bolgheri. Of the property’s 200 acres, 150 have been planted with new vineyards: primarily Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, as well as Cabernet Franc and Syrah.
Currently the Gaja winery owns 250 acres of vineyards in Piemonte, located in the Barbaresco district (Barbaresco and Treisa) and the Barolo district (Serralunga d’Alba and La Morra). Since its inception, the Gaja winery has continuously evolved in ways that have always focused on meticulous care of and attention to the quality of its wines.
For more information or enquiries, please contact us.